Friday, May 15, 2009

My Knitting Machine

Here is my Toyota KS 650 Bulky knitting machine. When I first saw people knitting with knitting machines I knew I wanted to get into it. I really didn't want to spend the money to buy a machine and my crafty friend Julia came to the rescue with a donated machine. She taught me how to clean and oil the machine and how to refurbish the sponge bar.
I've been VERY fortunately in that this used machine was in relatively good condition. The carriage (piece with the handle) did have some yarn tangled in it that I couldn't get undone. I sent the carriage to Needle-Tek and they fairly quickly and at a reasonable price sent it back ready to go. Another fortunate thing is the machine came with it's original instruction book. That has helped me tremendously. I'm really surprised at how I've taken to the machine. I've done a few simple projects. Basically anything I can make with a rectangle I'm good. I gearing up to brave making socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment