Thursday, October 29, 2009

I conquered it!


Remember the big yarn mess? My daughter took the semi neat skein and gave up. I wanted to throw it away, but I couldn't bring myself to do. When she gave it back to me it could best be described as a rat's nest. Oddly enough this made it easier to work with. Didn't have to worry about keeping it neat. Just start a ball and kept winding it back and forth, in and out of the rats nest. It sat on my lap many a night as I watched TV. I've been trying to watch less TV, but for this project I gave myself permission to watch what I needed until I got it all unraveled. This mess had many ends in it. I'd just get a ball going and it would come to an end. Finally the 2nd to last ball got quite big. So, big in fact I finally had to cut the yarn myself. It was turning into a big yarn mess trying to weave a giant ball of yarn in and out of the rat's nest. The rest rolled up into one last ball.
I took the largest ball and used my yarn winder to wind it into a ball I could use on my knitting machine. I want to make a trick or treat bag. I better hurry up!

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind working out a knotted, messed up skein. It is kind of relaxing to me, like solving a puzzle. One of the ladies in my knitting group gave me a couple of messed up skeins to fix for her. It was kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very important to keep the wrapping of all wool you use, as this usually will provide you with washing instructions. billigt raggsocksgarn

    ReplyDelete