Since it was a challenge with my guild I didn't want to give up. This time I chose a yarn on a cone and very thin. It was a cone given to me for free. I had no problem using it all up if I had too. Off I went a knitting again. It took me about 2 hours to finish a length that would be great to wear.
Here's where the non finishing began... now I have to steam it. The edges on both sides were curled up into a big fat mess as far as I was concerned.
My fellow guild mate had done one and said just give it a light steam. Ugh! is all I thought. So, perfect project for this challenge. I began steaming and it became clear lightly steaming was not going to do the trick. I wanted to quit after a few minutes of fighting with it. I needed to steam and iron the edges.
I began to see some progress and it was actually looking good. It wasn't easy, but I got into a groove and had a system... a sort of pattern of steaming and ironing the edge and working it down my ironing board. I kept fighting the urge to put it away for another day. I knew that "another day" would never come. It was now or never.
After about an hour of ironing and fussing with it I was quite pleased with how really beautiful it was.
I finally had good thoughts about this scarf. Thoughts of "I might actually wear this." Here's a quick photo of it hanging around my neck. When it's daylight I'll snap a photo of it around my daughter's neck to get the true beauty of this scarf.